Saturday, October 31, 2009

Fast Eddie!

Show me a Golden Retriever and I'll show you a ball-loving dog. I'll also show you a handsome, photogenic dog. Eddie was no exception.

As I arrived at the house, Eddie immediately invited me to play ball.

Eddie is three but has the energy of a puppy. It was sometimes a challenge to capture him crisply because he moved so quickly (and with an increasingly rainy and darkening sky, satisfactory light was hard to come by), but a little persistence took care of that.

He was encouraged to do a few tricks, including carrying his leash
 

and making himself at home on the neighbor's trampoline.

His most amazing trick, however, was the ease with which he could scale a standard chain-link fence, a feat I tried very hard to capture on camera with hit-and-miss success. He was just sooo fast.

But the enduring image of Eddie was of a happy dog obsessed with his ball.

Golden Retrievers, you have a blanket invitation to enter my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment